Search for atmospheres
The life of a Podjunker
A night in a Podjunker nest
What Podjunking lacks in prestige it more than makes up for in, nothing actually. Podjunkers don't loot the speeders and travel-ships they mark, only ping it's location. That way other guild-members can raid them later, and take all the spoils. The only thing desirable about the job is the Lookout-Tower, or Nest, each Podjunker is assigned. Poorly built, drafty, and lonely; these private havens are the only place a member of the Caniber's Claw can hope to find privacy. The nest is the ideal place for a discontented guild-member to break guild rules, and not worry as much about being caught.
Relaxing in your Nest late at night, you can hear the forest creatures stirring. Hopefully none of them will bother you tonight. Your busted radio struggles to send in the regular update messages form H.Q. that your supposed to be receiving. The sleepy silence is broken by the occasional light-night speeder. You should be calling them in, that's your job, but you're too tired to care. besides there probably isn't anything worth stealing on those speeders anyway. With nothing else to do but relight your sputtering fire every time it goes out, you huddle under your cloak, and sketch. You'll have a busy day tomorrow, but for now you're content.
Comments for "A night in a Podjunker nest"
License details for "A night in a Podjunker nest"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Soft Wind Blowing by Aeonemi from http://freesound.org +)
- Wooden stove, burning by benboncan from http://freesound.org +)
- Forest Night by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjjojjUn0bk +)
- Ventilator by NoiseCollector from http://freesound.org +)
- Radio static by Radio static +)
- Writing On Paper by rivernile7 from http://freesound.org +)
- Rain on a tin roof by Virtual Sound Company +)
- Spinner flyby by XRT from http://freesound.org +)